Thursday, April 19, 2007

Is it Thursday already?


Every week starts with feeling like it won't get started and then, all of a sudden, it is Thursday! I have been so busy getting ready for my two jewelry shows this weekend. I will be selling my pretties at 'Fool for Art' at the John Tyler Community College in Richmond on Saturday and then at the annual Richmond Craft Mafia's 'Spring Bada Bing' on Sunday. I have made a lot of new pieces and I am excited to get some feedback from shoppers and other artists.
Last Saturday, I set up my booth at Adams Morgan's up and coming Western Market. It was FREEZING cold, but a lot of pieces found good homes. I sold two brooches, four pairs of earrings and a bag. I will try to get back up there a couple more Saturdays before we head across the country to the big AK! It is going to be so sad to leave this area now that I have made so many contacts for markets and shows. Hopefully it will be a smooth transition into the art scene in Anchorage. I did discover some talented ladies have already organized a Craft Mafia... The Anchorage Craft Mafia! Hopefully they will view me worthy to join once we get settled.

No comments: